Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Jung, Eric (Contractor)" <ej...@russellmellon.com> on 2002/11/04 22:55:53 UTC

simple question

I can successfully deploy, undeploy, and list services using the browser
interface (http://localhost/soap/admin/).

However, when I execute deploy, list, query, or undeploy from the
command-line:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
or
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost/soap/servlet/messagerouter list

I always get the following fault:

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I am using Apache SOAP 2.3.1 on a "virgin" machine with JDK 1.3, Tomcat
3.2.1, Xerces, JavaMail, Activation, etc., exactly as the installation
directions say.

Yes, my client-side classpath includes soap.jar, mail.jar, activation.jar,
and xerces.jar.

Any ideas?

TYIA,

Eric H. Jung
Russell/Mellon Analytical Services
1-617-382-1373
Everett, MA, USA

Re: simple question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Traditionally, the NoSuchMethodError indicates an XML parser not
supporting namespaces is being accessed.  That is believable here, since
the JSP pages do not require the XML parser and would not be affected.
Have you checked that there is no parser in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext?

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: simple question