Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com> on 2010/01/07 17:04:30 UTC

Multi Module: Deploy and failing modules

Hi,

how do you solve that scenario:

Multi module project that I try to deploy/install after a refactoring.
Unfortunately one of the later modules fails. Now I have some sort of
inconsistent snapshot repository. The artifacts within are no longer
compatible.

I'd prefer a method that first builds all modules and then deploys them
together...

Sincerly,

Johannes

RE: Multi Module: Deploy and failing modules

Posted by Jim McCaskey <ji...@pervasive.com>.
Johannes,

As far as I know you pretty much HAVE to do this as a two step process.  The way I do it is first call deploy like this:

mvn -DaltDeploymentRepository=repo::default::file://C:\staging-repo deploy

That builds everything to a temporary maven repo that's cleaned out between builds.  I then perform this on a successful build:

mvn org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1:merge-maven-repos -Dwagon.source=file://C:\staging-repo -Dwagon.target=file://<path to mavenrepo> -Djava.io.tmpdir=deploytemp

It's not graceful, but it works.  YMMV.

I also use Hudson in a couple of places (as another poster suggested) and use it's built in deploy feature which also works nicely.

-Jim

Re: AW: Multi Module: Deploy and failing modules

Posted by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com>.
On 01/07/2010 05:12 PM, Lewis, Eric wrote:
> You may want to take a look at Hudson: It builds the project and the modules, and if any of them fails, it doesn't deploy anything.

I'd like to stick with Maven. I don't want to have to configure my stuff
twice... I hope this will be resolved in Maven...

Posted by "Lewis, Eric" <Er...@ipi.ch>.
Hi Johannes

Posted by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com>.
On 01/07/2010 05:14 PM, Tony Chemit wrote:
> You can do a mvn install and if everything is ok then do a mvn deploy ?
>
> I don't think there is another way to do it...

Hmm. great... Hope somebody will fix that in Maven...

Re: Multi Module: Deploy and failing modules

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.

--

Tony Chemit