Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2013/01/10 16:43:05 UTC

[VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release

Hi,
This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating. This will be our first release.
The main changes since the last candidate are:
CTAKES-125 - Move DISCLAIMER to root in SVN.  Updated 2013 copyright ASF in Notice.
CTAKES-75 - Removed unnecessary items in NOTICE (uima, opennlp, lucene, jvinci since they are covered by the second paragraph already.) Removed items not included- svg icons, junit. added newline to disclaimer.
CTAKES-47: codes and OUI in CreateLuceneIndexForSnomedLikeSample.java

For more detailed information on the changes/release notes, please visit:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313621&version=12322969

The release was made using the cTAKES release process documented here: http://incubator.apache.org/ctakes/ctakes-release-guide.html
The candidate is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~chenpei/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating/rc5/target/apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz /.zip

The tag to be voted on:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc5/

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~chenpei/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating/rc5/target/apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.md5 /.zip.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~chenpei/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating/rc5/target/apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.asc /.zip.asc

Apache cTAKES' KEYS file, containing the PGP keys used to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/tags/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc5/KEYS

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating. The vote is open for at least the next 72 hours.
Only votes from Incubator PMC are binding, but folks are welcome to check the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...
Thanks!
Pei
P.S. Here is my +1.

Re: [VOTE] Apache cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC5 release

Posted by Oleg Tikhonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
[x] for RC5 release!

Oleg

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Sorry was away the weekend.
Closed this issue now per comment:
Since it's been more than 48 hours, by lazy consensus, cTAKES will proceed with including the index of word counts derived from some wikipedia articles.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Thanks Chris!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi James,

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Pei had opened LEGAL-154

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Jukka,
We have removed the models/binaries from src and bin dist in RC6 now (as there are some ongoing discussions).
Would you reconsider the +0 into a +1 in the RC6 thread?

Thanks,
Pei

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

this vote is still open, it would be nice to get at least three +1 votes
from
PPMC members (anyone else is also invited to vote).

Please cast your vote.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 from me, Pei:

CHECKSUMS check out:

[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc5] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/verify_md5_checksums
md5sum: stat '*.bz2': No such file or directory
md5sum: stat '*.zip': No such file or directory
apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz: OK
[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc5] mattmann%

SIGS check out:

[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc5] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/verify_gpg_sigs                     Verifying Signature for file
apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.asc
gpg: Signature made Thu Jan 10 07:22:53 2013 PST using RSA key ID D218BB0A
gpg: Good signature from "Pei Chen (CODE SIGNING KEY2)
<ch...@apache.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: FECC 654C 4AC3 5DEC 0027  2792 F97C 492F D218 BB0A