Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Sufyan Arif <SA...@rdfgroup.com> on 2006/07/26 16:38:35 UTC

Servicemix-http mangling webservice response

Hi,

I am using the latest version of servicemix compiled from subversion.

I am using the http component to act as a consumer to send documents
into the nmr. The message is sent in using commons-http client.  The NMR
routes the message(using EIP) to a http provider component which calls
out to the webservice.

I've placed a trap on the network card to sniff traffic as it comes back
from the web service. In addition I have placed tcpmon between the http
client and the servicmix-http consumer to see the result as it comes
back from servicemix.

The response as sniffed on the network card is complete and well formed
however the response as viewed in the tcpmon tool has been chopped and
is no longer well formed.  For e.g. one of the elements in the response
comes back as

<mortgageamountinterestonlypart>0</mortgag

My http components are configured as follows

<sm:activationSpec>
   <sm:component>
   <http:component>
      <http:endpoints>

         <http:endpoint service="my:mortgageSearchSingleApplicant"
                        endpoint="mortgageSearchSingleApplicant"
                        role="provider"
                        soap="true"
                        soapVersion="1.1"
                        soapAction="http://www.blah.blah"
                        locationURI="http://www.somelocation"/>

         <http:endpoint service="my:httpMessageConsumer"
                        endpoint="endpoint"
                        targetService="my:router"
                        role="consumer"
                        locationURI="http://localhost:8912/Service/"

defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
                        defaultOperation="initiate"
                        soap="false" />

         </http:endpoints>
   </http:component>
   </sm:component>
</sm:activationSpec>

Does anyone have a clue why this may be happening? Or where can I look
into to fix this problem. Any help would be most appreciated as I have
been tearing my hair out with this one.

Regards,

Sufyan.

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are those of the individual sender except where they are stated to be the views of RDF Group plc. All messages passing through this gateway are virus scanned.

RE: Servicemix-http mangling webservice response

Posted by Sufyan Arif <SA...@rdfgroup.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

I've tried the latest SVN and I am afraid to say the problem still
persists. I have done some more digging around and have traced the
problem to The ConsumerProcessor class and its process(request,
response) method.

NormalizedMessage outMsg = exchange.getMessage("out");

if (outMsg != null) {
    Context context = (Context)
request.getAttribute(Context.class.getName());
    SoapMessage out = soapHelper.onReply(context, outMsg);
    SoapWriter writer = soapHelper.getSoapMarshaler().createWriter(out);
    response.setContentType(writer.getContentType());

    writer.write(response.getOutputStream());
 }

If you examine the normalized message before it has been written to
HttpServletResponse by the soap writer then the message is complete.
However during the conversion of the normalized message into a soap
message and the subsequent writing of the soap message to the output
stream, something goes wrong and the message in my case has lost over
80kb of data.

I've tried examining the writer code but can not see anything obvious.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Sufyan.

Posted by João Luz <jl...@sinfic.pt>.
Thanks a lot.
The problem of webservice not receiving the response from servicemix is solved too.
What a relief(ufff).

Thanks again,
João Vieira da Luz

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Servicemix-http mangling webservice response

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Servicemix-http mangling webservice response

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.