Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 10:00:35 UTC

Retrieve configurable port number of a service in another service

Hi All,
I am using Ambari 2.1.2 and I have created few custom services.
The problem I am facing now is suppose I have a service X whose WebUI port
can be changed by the user while installation of the service through Ambari
UI.I am able to read the updated value in its corresponding master.py using
web_ui_port=config['configurations']['demo.cfg']['webuiport'].
But is there a way i can get the updated value of the same webui port of
service X in master.py of another service Y
Many thanks for your help and your time!!
Thanks
Souvik

Re: Retrieve configurable port number of a service in another service

Posted by Nate Cole <nc...@hortonworks.com>.
Configurations for the entire cluster are passed for all services, so reading another service's value would use the same mechanism.

Thanks,
Nate