Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by DarkStone <da...@163.com> on 2014/09/06 11:01:10 UTC

Flex using gpu render mode is working correctly on desktop platforms now!

Hi folks!

In older versions of AIR, like AIR 3.8, if you use gpu render mode, your flex deskop applications cannot display correctly on the screen, all the filters are gone, and the user interface is torn.

But things changed since AIR 15 beta, I just tested out that flex using gpu render mode is working correctly on desktop platforms now! And it's much smoother than direct render mode!

However, Flex 4.13.0 + AIR 15 beta, if you use gpu render mode for mobile applications, your application can run on mobile devices, but still has the filter bug, display objects using filter will not display correctly, some filter areas even displayed as solid black.

Maybe Adobe would fix the filter bug in gpu render mode for mobile platforms, if that so, Flex applications will run much smoother than before, for now we have to use direct render mode for mobile applications.

DarkStone
2014-09-06

Re: Flex using gpu render mode is working correctly on desktop platforms now!

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
Great news!