Posted to user@flink.apache.org by gerardg <ge...@talaia.io> on 2017/12/12 13:28:37 UTC

Re: Kafka topic partition skewness causes watermark not being emitted

I'm also affected by this behavior. There are no updates in FLINK-5479 but
did you manage to find a way to workaround this?

Thanks,

Gerard

Re: Kafka topic partition skewness causes watermark not being emitted

Posted by Juho Autio <ju...@rovio.com>.
A possible workaround while waiting for FLINK-5479, if someone is hitting
the same problem: we chose to send "heartbeat" messages periodically to all
topics & partitions found on our Kafka. We do that through the service that
normally writes to our Kafka. This way every partition always has some
~recent timestamps.

Posted by Gerard Garcia <ge...@talaia.io>.
Thanks Gordon.

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.