Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Lo...@lotus.com on 2001/02/15 16:49:50 UTC

Re: [Xalan-J 2 BUG] - possible workaround

One possible workaround is to construct the XSLTInputSources with systemIds
instead of Readers, like so:
      // XSLTInputSource source = new XSLTInputSource(new
BufferedReader(new FileReader("input.xml"), 2048));
      XSLTInputSource source = new XSLTInputSource("input.xml");
      // XSLTInputSource stl = new XSLTInputSource(new BufferedReader(new
FileReader("oracle.xsl"), 2048));
      XSLTInputSource stl = new XSLTInputSource("oracle.xsl");

Don't forget this is a systemId, not a local filepath, so if it's not in
the current directory it needs to be file:///c:/path/file.xml

We did have a couple of bugs near the end game of Xalan-J 2.0 with the
compatibility layer and XSLTInputSource objects that were created from
Streams or Readers - this is probably a case we didn't quite catch.

Let us know if this works for your application or not.  I'm not sure how
quickly we'll get to bugs in the compatibility layer...

- Shane

---- you "Norm Rullo" <no...@accelr8.com> wrote: ----
I would like to report simple case where the xalanj1compat.jar does not
function correctly.
The error returned is:

 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.createResultContentHandler(Tran

sformerImpl.java:1059)
 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.createResultContentHandler(Tran

sformerImpl.java:1000)
 at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:

1115)
 at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:475)
 at testxsl1.main(testxsl1.java:16)

The program and input files are attached

Thanks, Norm Rullo

Accelr8 Technology   normr@accelr8.com
303 E. 17th Ave, #108
Denver, CO 80203