Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2005/08/21 20:47:43 UTC

[RESULT] Naming for new Jakarta subproject

Apache Silk it is:

  [17]    Apache Silk
  [ 0]    Apache Web Bricks
  [ 0]    Apache Web Commons (branding issue with Commons)
  [ 3]    Apache Web Components
  [ 0]    Apache Web Parts   (conflict with Microsoft and sf.net)

20 +1 votes with 1 abstainer.

So now we can finish the proposal, get it voted on and start with the fun
stuff.

Hen

Re: [RESULT] Naming for new Jakarta subproject

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
I'm in favour of boring as I'm pushing for a Jakarta made up of
components, and not sub-projects. Http Components, Web Components would
just be groupings of components to improve the information architecture of
the site/mail-lists/whatever where necessary.

Catchy names would be used for the components, not groupings.

Hen

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Problem is, you're the only person who's come out and said that. Cliff's
not looked into the legalities of trademarks yet and no one on the PRC had
a yes/no answer.

Hen

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Henri,

We should run the name by the PRC, but it should be fine.

	--- Noel