Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Wang, John" <jo...@emory.edu> on 2015/01/27 16:16:42 UTC

Upgrade Subversion from 1.5.6 to 1.7.19

I am going to upgrade a Subversion on RHEL 5 from 1.5.6 to 1.7.19. I have questions about the upgrade.

  1.  Do I have to upgrade Subversion binary from 1.5.6. to 1.6 and then further to 1.7.19?
  2.  If #1 is true, do I have to update Subversion repositories after the Subversion binaries have been upgraded to 1.6?
  3.  Do I have to upgrade mod_dav_svn in Apache 2 to the same version of Subversion binaries?

I appreciate any comments.

Best regards,

John Wang

Re: Upgrade Subversion from 1.5.6 to 1.7.19

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 27.01.2015 16:16, Wang, John wrote:
> I am going to upgrade a Subversion on RHEL 5 from 1.5.6 to 1.7.19. I
> have questions about the upgrade.

I'm assuming you're upgrading the server; upgrading clients is a
different issue.

>  1. Do I have to upgrade Subversion binary from 1.5.6. to 1.6 and then
>     further to 1.7.19?

No.

>  1. If #1 is true, do I have to update Subversion repositories after
>     the Subversion binaries have been upgraded to 1.6?

No, unless you want to use new repository features.

>  1. Do I have to upgrade mod_dav_svn in Apache 2 to the same version
>     of Subversion binaries?

Yes, absolutely.

-- Brane