Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jack Stanley <Ja...@ironmountain.com> on 2010/08/03 00:18:54 UTC

Re: Adding the JRE + Jar ulitily to the build

Sorry for not being clear.  We use Nexus.  When I worked at Cisco, we used
Artifactory.  I have not yet worked with this project team long enough yet
to determine which one is better.

For now, I have jarred up the JRE and uploaded it to our local Nexus
repository.  We will definitely run this by legal to make sure we are in the
clear.

I found out we're already using the Assembly plugin.  I made a few mods to
the POM files and we are in business... the jar is getting packaged up
properly in the build.

Jack

Re: Adding the JRE + Jar ulitily to the build

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
IANAL,

The JRE is one thing...

Last time I checked, the JDK required that you display the EULA to the end
user when installing the JDK...

The net result was that we had to split up our one click installer into
four: install the non-java stuff (Apache HTTPD), then the Sun JDK installer,
then the open source java stuff (Apache Tomcat) and then finally our
commercial code installer.

But your legal heads can make their judgement calls as they see fit

-Stephen

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
  Sounds like you are doing things the way it was intended and the way
that most people do it.

I would be interested in hearing what your legal eagles have to say.

Ron