Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com> on 2000/07/07 03:59:43 UTC

Re: R. Berjon's Mod_perl site (was "Re: Coldfusion vs. apache/mod_perl")

At 09:15 07/07/2000 +0800, Gunther Birznieks wrote:
>At 08:36 AM 7/6/00 -0700, Graham TerMarsch wrote:
>>Matt Sergeant wrote:
>> > Well of course AxKit gives me the consistent layout, and Robin Berjon gave
>> > me the design. He also did a perl.apache.org one, but people didn't like
>> > it - said it was too graphicy or something. Thats at
>> > http://www.knowscape.org/modperl/
>>
>>Is too bad, I think this one looks really _slick_.  It'd get my vote.
>
>Even if some don't think it's perfect, it's certainly better than the one
>now I would think?

I don't know where things are at re the refacing of the perl.apache.org
website. Part of it not happening before has been my fault for being caught
up to the neck in work and not taking care of it.

I think the new site was about to be committed but I don't know what
happened with that. One recent suggestion likely to make people happier in
the graphicy vs developery thing would be to have developer.modperl.org for
developers and www.modperl.org for advocacy. I'm ready to do some work on
this this summer if there is stuff to be done.

PS: Discussion of such things would be better suited for
advocacy@perl.apache.org I guess.

-- robin b.
Immature poets imitate, mature poets steal. -- T.S. Eliot

Re: R. Berjon's Mod_perl site (was "Re: Coldfusion vs. apache/mod_perl")

Posted by brian moseley <ix...@maz.org>.
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:

> No need to apologize, we've all got a lot to do. Is it
> just a matter of committing the cvs or is there more to
> be done ? I have a little bit of time between now and
> the middle of the month, I can help if need be.

jim took a snapshot of a subset of the site and applied his
changes to it. i need to incorporate changes that have been
made since the snapshot, and apply the template to the rest
of the site. it'll be a fair amount of work, but perhaps i
can do it in chunks, and i'll certainly commit the template,
so perhaps folks can help with that part.

Re: R. Berjon's Mod_perl site (was "Re: Coldfusion vs. apache/mod_perl")

Posted by Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com>.
At 21:12 06/07/2000 -0700, brian moseley wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Robin Berjon wrote:
>
>> I think the new site was about to be committed but I
>> don't know what happened with that. One recent
>
>my apologies. i've been meaning to do it, but real life has
>gotten in the way. i'll have it done by the end of the
>weekend.

No need to apologize, we've all got a lot to do. Is it just a matter of
committing the cvs or is there more to be done ? I have a little bit of
time between now and the middle of the month, I can help if need be.

>> suggestion likely to make people happier in the graphicy
>> vs developery thing would be to have
>> developer.modperl.org for developers and www.modperl.org
>> for advocacy. I'm ready to do some work on this this
>> summer if there is stuff to be done.
>
>i really like this idea. a lot.

Me too, the only hindrance I see is that it would probably take writing
some of the advocacy stuff, which could take time.

>i suppose, but i still like to hear people's opinions, and
>nobody really ever discusses anything on advocacy.

I don't really care, it's just in case people don't want to hear about this :)

-- robin b.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind. -- Aristotle

Re: R. Berjon's Mod_perl site (was "Re: Coldfusion vs. apache/mod_perl")

Posted by brian moseley <ix...@maz.org>.