Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Brian KONDALSKI <Br...@enovia.com> on 2001/11/28 20:02:00 UTC

Setting A Cookie on A Soap Request

When a client sends in it's Soap request I want to be able to set a cookie
(or any header)
on the request.

I have found in the archives sample code that extends the 2.1
SOAPHTTPConnection
class by adding a setHeader() method and overriding the send() method.
This sample
implied that later versions of Soap allowed this in a simpler way.  I have
looked at the
2.2 Java docs and have found out that I can set proxy settings and basic
authentication,
but it doesn't have a way to set additional generic headers (like a
cookie).  I'd rather not
extend the SOAPHTTPConnection class and would prefer to be able to use
something
built into the 2.2 library.  Is there a way to do this?  I can see the send
() method on
SOAPHTTPConnection allows the passing in of headers.  But the invoke()
method on
the Call class always passes a NULL as this parameter.  Any thoughts?

Brian