Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by je...@voss-ahrensburg.de on 2007/07/05 12:29:37 UTC

Performance issues with 2.3RC1

Hello JMeter fans,

after complaining about a performance degradation in the release
candidate, I have started to look into the matter in a bit more
detailed way by looking at the performance for each individual
test plan rather than out test suite as a whole.

The surprising(?) result is that for some test plans 2.3RC performs
much better than 2.2 (less than 30% of the duration), while for
others it takes about 10 times as long to finish, so there doesn't
seem to be a general performance problem.

I am currently trying to boil down the issue to one setup for which
I can provide a test plan to be checked in to bugzilla, but that may
take some more time.

Regards,
Jens

Re: Performance issues with 2.3RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 05/07/07, jens@voss-ahrensburg.de <je...@voss-ahrensburg.de> wrote:

> Hello JMeter fans,
>
> after complaining about a performance degradation in the release
> candidate, I have started to look into the matter in a bit more
> detailed way by looking at the performance for each individual
> test plan rather than out test suite as a whole.
>
> The surprising(?) result is that for some test plans 2.3RC performs
> much better than 2.2 (less than 30% of the duration), while for
> others it takes about 10 times as long to finish, so there doesn't
> seem to be a general performance problem.

That's good to know, but a bit worrying that there is such a large variation.

It would be useful to know how JMeter is better in some areas - maybe
the same changes can be applied to the slower areas!

> I am currently trying to boil down the issue to one setup for which
> I can provide a test plan to be checked in to bugzilla, but that may
> take some more time.

Thanks very much.