Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Lemes, Fernando" <fe...@hp.com> on 2015/10/15 18:05:11 UTC

S3DataStore with encryption

   Hello guys,

   Does anyone know if is there a plan to use encryption on S3DataStore / BlobStore? I'm testing the S3DataStore implementation, but I must encrypt the files before sending them to S3.

   I was doing some investigation on the code for this kind of thing and I couldn't find an easy way or maybe a proper place to insert this kind of thing. I'm also trying to avoid using temp files, but again I could not find the proper place to encrypt the data before create the temp file. Do anyone have a tip on this? Or may point me some class to take a look?

   BTW, is this an interesting feature to be added? We'll probably make this source public after implementing. Thanks!

   Regards,

Fernando Lemes da Silva
Software Engineer
HP Brazil R&D