Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ma...@bedag.ch on 2005/06/23 15:03:24 UTC

OutOfMemoryError

Hi

I get a OutOfMemoryError when I load a lot of data.
I use the Two Level Cache and all my toN Relations are mapped with
CollectionProxyBinding in OJB.
But now i get the following Exception while retreiving the data.

org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException:
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.CollectionProxyDefaultImpl.loadData(Col
lectionProxyDefaultImpl.java:203)
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.ListProxyDefaultImpl.loadData(ListProxy
DefaultImpl.java:148)
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.CollectionProxyDefaultImpl.getData(Coll
ectionProxyDefaultImpl.java:513)
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.proxy.CollectionProxyDefaultImpl.iterator(Col
lectionProxyDefaultImpl.java:291)

Is there a way to tell OJB to use more memory or which memory settings
in JVM can help with this problem.

Any help available?
Thanks
Markus

Markus Lauber
Bedag Informatik AG - Software Entwicklung
Gutenbergstrasse 3, 3011 Bern
Telefon 031 633 21 21 (direkt 26 57)
Telefax 031 382 35 56
E-Mail: mailto:markus.lauber@bedag.ch
Internet: http://www.bedag.ch

Re: OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Danilo Tommasina <dt...@risksys.com>.
Hi,

this is actually not an OJB specific question and a google search can deliver you faster responses than a mailing list ;)
anyways look at this link, here you can find a good list of JVM options for Sun's JDKs:
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/watt/jvm-options-list.html
You are porbably interested into following options:
-Xmx<size> set maximum Java heap size
The following option will allow you to tune a little your application if you already know the approximative amount of memory your app. will use:
-Xms<size> set initial Java heap size
And this one will set the size of the PermGen (permanent generation, default is 64 MB), it is usually not needed to tune this value unless you (class-)load a
large number of different classes and use lot of constants and interned Strings.
-XX:MaxPermSize=<value>

bye
danilo