Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ed Keen <ed...@interactiveportal.com> on 2001/06/12 01:36:09 UTC

compatibility with weblogic 6.1 beta

Has anyone gotten Apache soap version 2.2 to work with Weblogic 6.1 beta?
There seems to be a xerces incompatibility.  The weblogic.jar file contains
the xerces library.  If you put xerces.jar first in the classpath, weblogic
won't even start.  However, if you put weblogic.jar first in the classpath,
you get this error when attempting to deploy services using the
ServiceManagerClient:  "Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2.'"

This obviously seems to be a xerces parsing issue.  Does anyone know of a
workaround for this?

Thanks,
Ed

RE: compatibility with weblogic 6.1 beta

Posted by Steve Livingston <sl...@bitstream.net>.
1) I get the same error (with NT, soap-2.2 and wl-6.1beta) and have
found no solution:

E:\apache\soap-2_2\samples\addressbook>java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://slivings:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list
Deployed Services:

E:\apache\soap-2_2\samples\addressbook>java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://slivings:7001/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy dd.xml
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = Unable to resolve namespace URI for 'ns2'.

2) My wl-6.1b will start with xerces in classpath, but same error
occurs.

Can anyone help?

Steve