Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Al Sparks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/24 04:04:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse Proxy --- Exchange

I'm running Apache/1.3.31.  I have the following mods:

  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_proxy.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
  mod_php4.c

I'm trying to do a reverse proxy with an exchange server (Exchange
2003).  When I attempt to connect, I receive a framed page back, and
both frames give me "Action canceled" errors on them.

The proxy entries are:

        ProxyPass /mail http://server.domain.local/exchange
        ProxyPassReverse /mail http://server.domain.local/exchange

I've successfully proxied to non IIS servers, so I know that I've got
proxying in general working.

Any hints?  Do I need to upgrade to apache 2.x?
   === Al

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy --- Exchange

Posted by Al Sparks <da...@yahoo.com>.
--- Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But one thing you can try is to replace /mail with /exchange in your
> ProxyPass lines.  By keeping the path exactly parallel on the front
> and back-end servers, you eliminate some problems caused by absolute
> URLs breaking out of the proxy.
>
> Joshua.

Thanks.  That didn't work.  I'm not making much sense of the logs either.
Nothing in the error_log at all, and nothing in the access_log stands out.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:04:43 -0700 (PDT), Al Sparks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to do a reverse proxy with an exchange server (Exchange
> 2003).  When I attempt to connect, I receive a framed page back, and
> both frames give me "Action canceled" errors on them.
>
> The proxy entries are:
>
>         ProxyPass /mail http://server.domain.local/exchange
>         ProxyPassReverse /mail http://server.domain.local/exchange

Could be any number of things going on here.  You need to check the
logs and perhaps inspect the traffic directly.