Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Plant More Tree <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/30 09:22:44 UTC

How to integrate Apache HTTPD 2.0.x + Tomcat 6.0.x

Hi guys,

   I was trying to find some tutorial on integrating Apache HTTPD 2 + Tomcat
6 but has no luck. All of them just don't work. I found 1 here

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/5-steps-to-integrate-tomcat-55-with-apache-20/

but doesn't work at all.

Anyone pls kindly give a working tutorial here or got any website showing
working example?

Thanks

Re: How to integrate Apache HTTPD 2.0.x + Tomcat 6.0.x

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Plant More Tree wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>    I was trying to find some tutorial on integrating Apache HTTPD 2 + Tomcat
> 6 but has no luck. All of them just don't work. I found 1 here
>
> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/5-steps-to-integrate-tomcat-55-with-apache-20/
>
> but doesn't work at all.
>
> Anyone pls kindly give a working tutorial here or got any website showing
> working example?
>
> Thanks

You could list what you've already tried out, and what went wrong/error
messages and we'd have a bit more to work with.

mod_jk is probably preferable, it uses the AJP connector listed in the
server.xml.  there are binaries and src available from Tomcat, called
Connectors:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

did you install httpd from src or a binary, and which OS are you using?

Re: How to integrate Apache HTTPD 2.0.x + Tomcat 6.0.x

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Could you provide some more detail on what you've tried?  "... but it
doesn't work" is not an effective request for help.  Specifically we'd
like to see the ports tomcat is running on as well as relevant portions
of your apache config and the urls you have tried.

--David