Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Roberto Pagliari <ro...@asos.com> on 2016/02/03 00:58:02 UTC

recommendProductsForUser for a subset of user

When using ALS, is it possible to use recommendProductsForUser for a subset of users?

Currently, productFeatures and userFeatures are val. Is there a workaround for it? Using recommendForUser repeatedly would not work in my case, since it would be too slow with many users.

Thank you,

Re: recommendProductsForUser for a subset of user

Posted by Sabarish Sasidharan <sa...@manthan.com>.
You could always construct a new MatrixFactorizationModel with your
filtered set of user features and product features. I believe its just a
stateless wrapper around the actual rdds.

Regards
Sab

--

Architect - Big Data
Ph: +91 99805 99458

Manthan Systems | *Company of the year - Analytics (2014 Frost and Sullivan
India ICT)*
+++