Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Neil Houston <Ne...@burberry.com> on 2013/05/29 17:46:50 UTC

5.8.0 Management UI Death

Hello folks,

We're running 5.8.0 and whenever we try to browse a queue from the management console with >100 entries our servers eat themselves/commit seppuku/etc.

During this, you can see a very high number of dequeue/requeues with the message queue server itself as the consumer until the jvm runs out of memory.

Looks like the same bug as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4372#comment-13642719

It looks like it's in some kind of dequeue/requeue hell - the same messages are being processed over and over again until the memory it's storing them in (presumably for displaying 'em in the console) is exhausted.

Anyone else seen or worked around this?

Cheers,

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail please do not copy or forward it or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager on Information.Security@burberry.com.

References in this Data to "Burberry" are references to Burberry Group
plc, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number
03458224 whose registered office is at Horseferry House, Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2AW
and where the context requires, includes its subsidiaries and
associated undertakings.

Re: 5.8.0 Management UI Death

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Neil,

there's been reports of queue browsing problems in 5.8.0, like AMQ-4372.
We'll try to investigate and fix it in coming days. It's best to watch that
Jira to get updates on the issue.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac