Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Tan, Kwei Fang" <kt...@gs1us.org> on 2006/02/18 09:06:20 UTC

FW: Jmeter Thread Time Delay for 500 concurrent Hits

Hi,

Need help and guideline on how to get the "started" time consistent for
500 concurrent hits with the following setting:

Thread Group Setting

Number of Threads: 500

ramp-up period: 0

loop count:1

CSV Data Set config

-          set to read 500 lines of records for a txt file.

Scenario:

After run the jmeter test plan with above setting, all the 500 records
successfully process and displayed in jmeter.log

Finding:

As checking through the log file, noticed that the  started time of
jmeter.threads seem to delay 1 second while reach some interval of
records, for example as following:

>From line 1 to line 67:

2/16/2006          10:33:20        INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread:
Thread Thread 11-  11350686442769 1-67    started
11359080793880            10:36:30

At Line 68 to line 158:

2/16/2006          10:33:21        INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread:
Thread Thread 11-  11350686442769 1-68    started
11359080793897            10:36:31

At Line 159 to line 191:

2/16/2006          10:33:22        INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread:
Thread Thread 11-  11350686442769 1-19    1 started
11359080795129            10:39:36

 Question:

The started time should be all the same from line 1 to line 500 records
as we are doing the concurrent thread running, anybody have any idea how
to make the "started" become consistent through the process?

Thanks a lot.

RE: FW: Jmeter Thread Time Delay for 500 concurrent Hits

Posted by "Tan, Kwei Fang" <kt...@gs1us.org>.
Hi,

Thanks for all feedback. Yes, it is true that my itention to do the setting as stated is to test the concurrent load to the activeMQ with persistence mode which is then store into the table in database, and the purpose is to test how well the designed system able to handle for the concurrent hits at the same time (That's why the ramp up period is set to zero)  by using Jmeter to load in the xml data, and to find out how long the data reach at the specified components for the system and how long it take time to reach into the database.

Hope this clarification able to clear all doubt on the testing goal, so I need help from anybody who will has any idea to overcome the problem as stated follow, thanks a lot.

regards,
ktan

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
It's not a good idea to make the ramp-up period so short, nor to have
so many threads running for just the one loop.

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve by this, other than
perhaps simulating a short DOS attack.

S.