Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org> on 2021/04/23 17:35:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.13.0, release candidate #2

|Hi everyone,|
|Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version
1.13.0, as follows:|
|[ ] +1, Approve the release|
|[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)|

|The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:|
|* JIRA release notes [1],|
|* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to
be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint |||31D2DD10BFC15A2D| [3],|
|* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],|
|* source code tag "release-1.13.0-rc2" [5],|
|* website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement
blog post [6]. |

|The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.|

|Thanks,|

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12349287|
|[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.13.0-rc2/|
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1420/|
|[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.13.0-rc2|
|[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/436|

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.13.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Thank you all for helping to verify the release. Really appreciated! I
will conclude the vote in a separate thread.

Best,

Dawid

Posted by "Zhou, Brian" <B....@dell.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Build the Pravega Flink connector with RC artifacts and all tests pass
- Start a cluster, Run Pravega reader and writer application on it successfully

Thanks,
Brian

Posted by David Anderson <da...@alpinegizmo.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checks:
- I built from source, successfully.
- I tested the new backpressure metrics and UI. I found one non-critical
bug that's been around for years, and for which a fix has already been
merged for 1.13.1 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-22489
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-22489?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel>
).
- I tested flame graphs.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xingbo Huang <hx...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.
Hey Matthias,

Posted by Guowei Ma <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Matthias

Posted by Zhu Zhu <re...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
 - checked signatures and checksums
 - built from source
 - ran example jobs with parallelism=8000 on a YARN cluster. checked output
and logs.
 - the website PR looks good

Thanks,
Zhu

Matthias Pohl <ma...@ververica.com> 于2021年4月29日周四 上午2:34写道:

Posted by Matthias Pohl <ma...@ververica.com>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Caizhi Weng <ts...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- verified checksum and signature
- built from source
- executed example jobs with standalone / native kubernetes deployments,
nothing unexpected
- reviewed release announcement pull request

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pn...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards!
Rui Li

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.13.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rui,

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dawid,