Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Baz <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/09 16:48:36 UTC

which ant version that maven-antrun-plugin will run?

All,

Which ant version that maven 2's maven-antrun-plugin will run? How do i find
out? Can i change it?

Thanks.

A.

Re: which ant version that maven-antrun-plugin will run?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
There is a feature request for this in JIRA:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTRUN-68

Baz wrote:
> Do you know if there is a maven version that will support Ant 1.7.0+ ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> A.
>
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's what he said. Just to be clear, Maven downloads and uses its
>> own Ant jar files etc, not any Ant build you've randomly installed on
>> your computer. And presently, there is no way to change the version of
>> Ant which is being used by Maven.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> On 3/9/08, Baz <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> dennis,
>>>
>>> Thank you for you reply.
>>>
>>> Just to confirm what you said...When using maven-antrun-plugin from
>> Maven2,
>>> the Ant version must be 1.6.5 and cannot be changed.
>>>
>>> A.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: which ant version that maven-antrun-plugin will run?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
There is no published version of m-a-p that will use Ant 1.7+. This is
being worked on, but I have no idea about ETA etc.

You are welcome to grab the source and create your own if you cannot
wait for the "official" plugin to be available. I would deploy it
under a different groupId to avoid colliding with the official
versions.

Wayne

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Baz <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way that I can use Maven 2 to run ant 1.7.0 tasks?

Yes, see the comments in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANTRUN-68?focusedCommentId=149624#action_149624

where dependencies have been overridden to use a new version of Ant.

In the test I am invoking a <script> task an running javascript.
Which is not possible in 1.6.5 as the script jars need to be in
ANT_HOME/lib and this was fixed to check the classpath in 1.7.

Re: which ant version that maven-antrun-plugin will run?

Posted by Alexandre Touret <at...@free.fr>.
Hello,
No I don't think so

Regards,
Alexandre

Posted by Baz <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baz <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Generating site without compiling the source.

Posted by Arun Kathirvel Sarojam <Ar...@ibsplc.com>.
Hi,
    Is it possible to generate the site with out compiling the source. my
need is to generate the report based on the compilation errors.
   is there any way so that i can generate the site with some reports
(like CVS change log and check style reports )even if the compilation
fails...

please comment..

Thanks
ARN

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

Re: which ant version that maven-antrun-plugin will run?

Posted by Baz <ba...@gmail.com>.
dennis,

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Baz wrote:
> All,
>
> Which ant version that maven 2's maven-antrun-plugin will run?

The currently released version uses Ant 1.6.5

> How do i find out?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/dependencies.html

> Can i change it?

No