Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Kariem2k <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/23 01:01:44 UTC

Current status of lazy loading generic collection & some questions

Hi
I am new to IBatis and i am was impressed after reading  the documentation but i have some questions.
-What is the current status of trunk version about 1:M and M:M relations mapped to Generic collections with lazy loading enables.
-If i am using lazy-loading must my properties be declared
as virtual because of proxies like in NHibernate(Because i am trying to make CSLA work with IBatis for non-Web  applications and inhereting from CSLA base class with non-Vitual methods  casues problems in NHIbernate lazy-loading).
-Does Firebird support works ?
Thanks

Re: Current status of lazy loading generic collection & some questions

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your comments.

Lazy loading is supported transparently for IList and IList<T>
implementation.
Lazy loading is supported on strongly typed collection via castle dynamic
proxy (used listClass attribut), all methods/properties of the typed
collection that you want to proxy must be delcared as virtual.
See unit tests for examples

And yes Firebird is supported, see definition of the Firebird provider in
the providers.config
You will find all those features in the SVN repository.

Cheers
-Gilles