Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by nagarjuna kanamarlapudi <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/06 19:12:41 UTC

Partitions in Hive

Hi,

I have a table with 3 columns in hive.

I want that table to be partitioned based on first letter of column 1.
How do we define such partition condition in hive ?

Regards,
Nagarjuna K

Re: Partitions in Hive

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
partition in hive is done on the column value and not on the sub portion of
column value.

If you want to separate data based on the first character then create
another column to store that value

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Partitions in Hive