Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Taubman, Scott A" <sc...@thesiorg.com> on 2013/03/05 15:47:10 UTC

CloudStack 4.0.1 VMWare Support

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully gotten the VMWare hypervisor support working with CloudStack 4.0.1.  I know that the VMWare support is no longer in the official RPM packages, but even attempts to compile myself with the nonoss modules fails at trying to build the VMWare step.  I'm not a maven expert, but it looks like it's trying to download a POM and metadata file from http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/cloudstack/cloud-vmware-base/4.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/, which doesn't actually exist.

Anyway, I'm less looking to troubleshoot and more just curious if anyone has managed to get the VMWare hypervisor working in 4.0.1 or if I should just go back to 4.0.0 and wait for a future release.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Regards,
Scott Taubman

RE: CloudStack 4.0.1 VMWare Support

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Scott,

This is a common question asked on dev@ list. You are missing the non-open source java dependencies.

In the nutshell, we have 2 versions of cloudstack

1) open source - oss - KVM and XEN
2) non open source - nonoss - NetApp, VmWare, F5, NetScaler, etc...

If you are installing with RPMs, make sure you download the nonoss version.

If you are downloading a source from apache git, the INSTALL.md file describes in good amount of detail what to do and where to get the missing files. Please search the dev maling or cloudstack wiki, Wido hosts a repository with all dependencies, I just don't have the link handy.

Regards
ilya

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
The RPM should come in with nonoss packages integrated.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Navigate to:

Posted by "Taubman, Scott A" <sc...@thesiorg.com>.
Ilya,