Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 17:41:35 UTC

delayed message persistance

I am  trying  to use the job delay feature .It worked  .
I am running embedded active mq and it uses file based persistence.I tried
using delayed message delivery for 2 hours it worked . In my  use case I
want to delay delivery by 48 hours  and  when I tried to test it did not
work, within this 48 hour period my application deployed to weblogic was
stopped restarted etc  becasue my active mq broker is embedded it  runs
only when my application is running.
so my question is does delayed message delivery supposed to persists delayed
messages  or it just forgets delayed messages  on server restart  ie it does
not persists delayed messages ?

Re: delayed message persistance

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Yes, the schedule message should persist.

take a look at the respective test in

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/scheduler/JmsSchedulerTest.java?hb=true

and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2897

Try creating a similar test for your problem.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.
what am i asking in other words.
I use embedded mq broker. spring intiates  at startup.  SO active mq will
broker will run if my application is running . I noticed if I send a delayed
message and restart my application brokers forgets about the  delayed
message sent before restart , please help me why active mq is not persisting
delayed messages ? is this a bug or I am missing something , pelase advice
me.