Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cam T <ct...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/03 05:07:04 UTC

configuration for FOP

Hello

Just downloaded the last FOP 0.90.1 alpha. Have compiled the servlet example
and load OK on tomcat 4 but how is FOP configured. I see there is
conf\fop.xconf file but what am I suppposed to do with this to tell where
FOP where to pick up the fo, xml or xsl files.

http://servername/fop/servlet/FopServlet?fo=readme.fo
http://servername/fop/servlet/FopServlet?xml=data.xml&xslt=format.xsl

Also If what I want to achieve is for FOP to render HTML to PDF and RTF how
would one use FOP to render xml to FO first then serialize to either PDF or
RTF?

Any help most appreciated.

Cameron

Re: configuration for FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
You'd better download the latest release: 0.91beta.

ATM, the FOPServlet does not support a configuration file. The servlet
is mainly a starting point and an example for people who want to build a
servlet for production use. It is recommended that you copy the source
code and adjust it to your needs.

Note that this example servlet is susceptible to denial-of-service
attacks due to the unchecked use of filename in the parameters. It
should not be used in production, except maybe in-house, but certainly
not on a public server.

Since you want to convert HTML to PDF you'll have to adjust the servlet
anyway. FOP only supports XSL-FO as input, so you have to run your HTML
to a converter first to get XSL-FO.

On 03.03.2006 05:07:04 Cam T wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just downloaded the last FOP 0.90.1 alpha. Have compiled the servlet example
> and load OK on tomcat 4 but how is FOP configured. I see there is
> conf\fop.xconf file but what am I suppposed to do with this to tell where
> FOP where to pick up the fo, xml or xsl files.
>
> http://servername/fop/servlet/FopServlet?fo=readme.fo
> http://servername/fop/servlet/FopServlet?xml=data.xml&xslt=format.xsl
>
> Also If what I want to achieve is for FOP to render HTML to PDF and RTF how
> would one use FOP to render xml to FO first then serialize to either PDF or
> RTF?
>
> Any help most appreciated.
>
> Cameron

Jeremias Maerki