Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ram Kurapati <ra...@labbook.com> on 2002/01/10 23:00:42 UTC

Status-code 102

RFC 2518 says about Process status.
Section 10.2
The 102 (Processing) status code is an interim response used to
   inform the client that the server has accepted the complete request,
   but has not yet completed it.  This status code SHOULD only be sent
   when the server has a reasonable expectation that the request will
   take significant time to complete. As guidance, if a method is taking
   longer than 20 seconds (a reasonable, but arbitrary value) to process
   the server SHOULD return a 102 (Processing) response. The server MUST
   send a final response after the request has been completed.

Is there any support for it in the Slide.

Thanks
Rama

Re: Status-code 102

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> The slide server doesn't send it.
>
> On the client, it is defined but there is no specific code to process
> this status.
> You will have to write a test case for it and maybe write some kind of
> callback to notify your client app.

Yes, the servlet spec doesn't provide a way at the moment to send the HTTP
1xx information codes (which are always non-final, so you need to send the
real response). It may be doable by using some proprietary API on the
servlet container you're using. Tomcat 4.1 will provide some hooks to do
that, should it become needed. I'll try to suggest the feature for inclusion
in servlet API 2.4, as it would be very useful for WebDAV.

Remy

Re: Status-code 102

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
The slide server doesn't send it.

On the client, it is defined but there is no specific code to process
this status.
You will have to write a test case for it and maybe write some kind of
callback to notify your client app.

Dirk