Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com> on 2003/01/30 16:51:50 UTC

What was the purpose behind the query key on intake?

Why was intake designed with the ability to use a query key?  I have
always used the default key and have never seen a need to do otherwise.
I see people on the user list having problems with intake...  Many of
them seem to be using a different query key than the default.  I am
wondering if this is not part of the cause of the problems....

Re: What was the purpose behind the query key on intake?

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl>.
Hope I understand you correctly.

It corresponds to the ID of the record being shown. For example when I first
go to a page I show the Object using the defaultKey, however if I have
performed a query I can update Intake pushing the info to screen. I can then
reference THAT object with a specific key which corresponds to the ID.

Don't know if this was the intention but it does work

HTH

/c

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Quinton McCombs" <qm...@nequalsone.com> writes:

>------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C877.80C3114B

>Why was intake designed with the ability to use a query key?  I have
>always used the default key and have never seen a need to do otherwise.
>I see people on the user list having problems with intake...  Many of
>them seem to be using a different query key than the default.  I am
>wondering if this is not part of the cause of the problems....

You can use "mapTo" to map an intake group onto a pre-set
object. Consider "Edit" screens.

	Regards
		Henning
--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen                  INTERMETA GmbH
hps@intermeta.de           +49 9131 50 654 0        http://www.intermeta.de/

  Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services -- hero for hire
        freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development  -- RHSCLG