Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/05/01 15:24:24 UTC

checkstyle 4.0 upgrade and more hindering 1.1 progress

Hi,

I'm just trying to build sites with 1.1 and getting errors out of
checkstyle I wasn't before. Was the upgrade to 4.0 beta tested? Just
wondering if it is my environment, or if it was just upgraded without
looking into it. It looks like its got classloader issues.

Most of the core hinderances are out of the way, but I just tried more
recent dom4j and jaxen releases and they are even more broken that
before. It may be necessary to go all the way back to 1.4-dev-8, but
I'll take a quick look tomorrow and see if I can isolate it. I know who
to hassle if it is jaxen :)

Cheers,
Brett

Re: checkstyle 4.0 upgrade and more hindering 1.1 progress

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I don't really have time to bugger around with this any more, so I'm
going to see if the dom4j 1.4 release will work as before. My main
concern with sticking with 1.4-dev-8 is that there is no way to locate
the sources.

We can live with the bugs in 1.4 (as we already are).

If anyone with some knowledge of dom4j and jaxen wants to put their hand
up to work through it and get up to dom4j 1.6/jaxen 1.1, please say so.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
>Do you think that the m2 site stuff have the same functionnalities as m1 (except for JSL)?

Mostly. We'd need to have a quick pass over it and add anything missing,
like maybe the classic stylesheet and a way to select it.

>How do you handle documents generated from the POM ?

They are reports now.

>The main problem with the current xdoc plugin is that it mixes some reporting features (from POM elements) and the xdoc->html
>transformation engine.

Yes, that needs to change. It also handles the registration of reports
for site, even though that is only done in the site.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

> I'm very much inclined to move straight into the process of
> replacing the xdoc plugin with the Maven2 site stuff. This
> would get a lot of testing early before being released. This
> should be backwards compatible for everyone except those
> rolling their own JSLs, who are likely to be broken whichever
> way we go, unless we rollback to dom4j 1.4-dev-8 which has
> its own problems.
>
> Anyone have an opinion on this?

Do you think that the m2 site stuff have the same functionnalities as m1 (except for JSL)?
How do you handle documents generated from the POM ?
The main problem with the current xdoc plugin is that it mixes some reporting features (from POM elements) and the xdoc->html
transformation engine.

Arnaud

Re: checkstyle 4.0 upgrade and more hindering 1.1 progress

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.