Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Perry Ismangil <pe...@fdlearning.com> on 2002/09/19 13:42:45 UTC

Problems with CVS + Tomcat 4.1.10

The background:

- Platform: Win2K SP3
- Same problems as discussed recently regarding UTF-8 encodings through XML-RPC
- Decided to move to Xindice CVS as suggested -- so I had to get Tomcat
- Tomcat as a service up and running (after fighting with the "C:" drive bug -- but I digress...)
- Did "build deploy" for Xindice (had to manually set TOMCAT_HOME to equal
CATALINA_HOME since build.xml relies on that -- suggestion to change TOMCAT_HOME to
CATALINA_HOME)
- All files seemed to be copied correctly, Tomcat manager shows "Xindice" as running

Now the killer question:

- How do I *use* it?

I have tried browsing to:
- http://localhost:8080/Xindice -- displays nullpointerexception on doGet
- http://localhost:8080/db -- 404 not found

Also tried Eclipse Atrezzo (which worked fine with the Xindice 1.0) with the above URLs, does not
work.

Any suggestions?

--
Perry Ismangil

Legal stuff:
The information transmitted in this electronic mail message may contain
confidential and or privileged materials. For full details and
restrictions see http://disclaimer.fdlearning.com

Re: Problems with CVS + Tomcat 4.1.10

Posted by Fernando Padilla <fe...@interdimensions.com>.
if you update the xindice.jar used by the old code.  the old xmldb code
should work perfectly ( well, the port is 8080 now instead of 4080 ).

If you're doing XML-RPC directly, then yes I believe the url you stated is
correct.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Perry Ismangil wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2002 at 12:42, Perry Ismangil wrote:
>
> > - How do I *use* it?
> >
> > I have tried browsing to:
> > - http://localhost:8080/Xindice -- displays nullpointerexception on doGet
>
> Hmmm I seem to get it now... if I point my old code previously using Xindice XML RPC to
> http://localhost:8080/Xindice there seemed to be a response -- that the method doesn't exist, this
> was for example calling db.insertDocument.
>
> I've dug in the source and I found XML RPC messages directory. Are these then the new
> methods available to be called via XML RPC?
>
> Is the above URL correct for XML RPC functions?

yes yes

Re: Problems with CVS + Tomcat 4.1.10

Posted by Perry Ismangil <pe...@fdlearning.com>.
On 19 Sep 2002 at 12:42, Perry Ismangil wrote:

> - How do I *use* it?
>
> I have tried browsing to:
> - http://localhost:8080/Xindice -- displays nullpointerexception on doGet

Hmmm I seem to get it now... if I point my old code previously using Xindice XML RPC to
http://localhost:8080/Xindice there seemed to be a response -- that the method doesn't exist, this
was for example calling db.insertDocument.

I've dug in the source and I found XML RPC messages directory. Are these then the new
methods available to be called via XML RPC?

Is the above URL correct for XML RPC functions?

Thanks!