Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/12 10:07:40 UTC

Subversion's up and running

See http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/webservices/jaxme/ (read only), or
https://svn.apache.org/repos/test/webservices/jaxme/ (committers).

Jochen

--
What are the first steps on the moon, compared to your child's?

Re: Subversion's up and running

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/05, Nacho G. Mac Dowell <ig...@informa.es> wrote:

> Is anybody using subclipse?

Yes, I do. Although it bites me a lot, for example I still cannot use
the synchronize view. :-( Didn't move any directories so far.

Jochen

Posted by Fredrik Vraalsen <fr...@vraalsen.no>.
Nacho G. Mac Dowell wrote:
> Is anybody using subclipse? I was wondering if it has the same effect to
> move folders around in the workspace and then comitting as if I do it
> from the rename/move sync view. I suppose this is the only way (at least
> the latter) to keep the resource history. Isn't it?

I've been using subclipse also, but I'm not sure if the move in the
workspace has the same effect.  I typically prefer doing moves/copies of
directories in the SVN repository view, i.e. directly on the server.

Actually, lately I've switched more and more over to using TortoiseSVN
(Windows File Explorer plugin) for most tasks and the command line svn
client for more advanced stuff (like working-copy to working-copy
copying with history).

Best regards,

Fredrik

Re: Subversion's up and running

Posted by "Nacho G. Mac Dowell" <ig...@informa.es>.
Is anybody using subclipse? I was wondering if it has the same effect to
move folders around in the workspace and then comitting as if I do it
from the rename/move sync view. I suppose this is the only way (at least
the latter) to keep the resource history. Isn't it?

Anyway, SVN rocks! I wasn't aware of the full power (and surely still
not...)

best regards,

nacho

Re: Subversion's up and running

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/05, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> i think that these should be:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/jaxme/ (read only), or
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/jaxme/ (committers).
>
> BTW am i right in assuming that jaxme is now unfrozen?

Sorry for picking up the wrong URL's. Yes, in all three cases.

Jochen

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 10:07 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> See http://svn.apache.org/repos/test/webservices/jaxme/ (read only), or
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/test/webservices/jaxme/ (committers).

i think that these should be:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/jaxme/ (read only), or
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/jaxme/ (committers).

BTW am i right in assuming that jaxme is now unfrozen?

- robert

Re: Subversion's up and running

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/05, Nacho G. Mac Dowell <ig...@informa.es> wrote:

> Hi all, I was trying to checkout jaxme with subclipse without giving a
> name to the project and it chose ws-jaxme-0.4

That should be, of course, ws-jaxme, at least in the trunk. Feel free
to fix it. (I must admit, that I have no idea, what name is stored in
svn, because I never do a simple "checkout
project", having no less than five different JaxMe versions in my workspace.)

> Also, to make a MAVEN branch should I copy trunk?

Yes, please take the trunk, so we can make 0.6 using Maven.

Jochen

Posted by "Nacho G. Mac Dowell" <ig...@informa.es>.
Hi all, I was trying to checkout jaxme with subclipse without giving a
name to the project and it chose ws-jaxme-0.4

Would this be correct? Obviestly you can specify a different name in
eclipse. I was just wondering...