Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Julian Dunn <Ju...@CBC.CA> on 2008/04/10 21:29:28 UTC

Archiva and PostgreSQL

Hi again all,

I'm using PostgreSQL, rather than Derby, as the data store for Archiva.
However, all the table names were created upper case for some reason:

archivadata=# \dt
                    List of relations
 Schema |             Name             | Type  |  Owner
--------+------------------------------+-------+---------
 public | ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT             | table | archiva
 public | ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT_REFERENCE   | table | archiva

(etc.)

Is there any reason for this? It means that "psql" cannot run SQL
queries against these tables:

archivadata=# select * from SEQUENCE_TABLE;
ERROR:  relation "sequence_table" does not exist

- Julian

Re: Archiva and PostgreSQL

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On 10 Apr 2008, Julian Dunn wrote:

> I'm using PostgreSQL, rather than Derby, as the data store for Archiva.
> However, all the table names were created upper case for some reason:
>

> archivadata=# \dt
>                     List of relations
>  Schema |             Name             | Type  |  Owner
> --------+------------------------------+-------+---------
>  public | ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT             | table | archiva
>  public | ARCHIVA_ARTIFACT_REFERENCE   | table | archiva
>
> (etc.)
>
> Is there any reason for this? It means that "psql" cannot run SQL
> queries against these tables:
>
> archivadata=# select * from SEQUENCE_TABLE;
> ERROR:  relation "sequence_table" does not exist

PostgreSQL supports uppercase, but you have to quote the table names. See
4.21 at Postgres' FAQ:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#item4.21

hth,
- martin

Re: Archiva and PostgreSQL

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if there was a particular reason for this choice, but you
could rebuild from source and change them in the
archiva-model/src/main/mdo/archiva-base.xml file.

However, is there a configuration option for psql that might allow
this? Or is using another tool like squirrel sql an option?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter