Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Kanna Karanam <ka...@microsoft.com> on 2012/06/21 23:31:57 UTC

Test failures : Running HIVE unit test with Hadoop - 1.x

Has anyone tried running HIVE unit tests with Hadoop-1.x. It seems there are some breaking changes in HarFileSystem which is causing unit test failures in Hive. It may not a production issue so are there any recommendations to fix it in hive?

Error:

Thanks,
Kanna

RE: Test failures : Running HIVE unit test with Hadoop - 1.x

Posted by Kanna Karanam <ka...@microsoft.com>.
Thanks Edward. I will take this patch and apply it internally on my devbox to unblock myself. No hurry. :)

Zhenxiao - It seems some of these q.out files contains paths related to UNIX so we may need to mask them before committing this patch to trunk. (it may be a problem on Windows)

Thanks,
Kanna

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Kanna (image see below)