Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/21 01:49:36 UTC

[m202] question about filtering & assembly

I have a build that consists of 3 modules and then a src directory for the
assembly:

./common/*
./ear/*
./war/*
./src/*

When I run an install, only the common.jar, war and ear are created. Then,
if I want to create an assembly, I run assembly:assembly and this seems to
run the build and then assembles the assembly. But, I have resources in my
./src directory that I want to replace values of, but running the mvn
process-resources command does not seem to work.

pom.xml:
==========================
       <filters>
            <filter>${basedir}/src/main/filters/filter.properties</filter>
        </filters>

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>

    </build>

filter.properties:
=======================================
furl_version=1.3

install script I want to replace:
=======================================
ln -s ./prod/furl/release/jboss-${furl_version} /jboss

install script inside the  assembly:
=======================================
ln -s ./prod/furl/release/jboss-${furl_version} /jboss

The value did not get filtered out.

---
Thank You
Mick Knutson

Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant
BASE logic, inc.
(415) 648-1804 (S.F., CA)
http://www.BASELogic.com

Washington Mutual (WAMU) (Emeryville, California)
---

Re: [m202] question about filtering & assembly

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, that is where the install script is located.

Thanks
Mick Knutson

http://www.BASELogic.com
http://www.MickKnutson.com

MSN Messenger: mickknutson@hotmail.com

btw, you sure you placed your install script inside the src/main/resources
directory?

-allan

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Ok, this bug is what my issue is. So, can someone please help me with a
solution to this:

I have my master pom.xml, all my module pom.xml's and several text files
that I need to filter with a centralized parameter ${my.parameter.01} etc...

So where can I put these central parameters, so that I only have them
declared 1 place, and they can affect my master pom, module pom's, and all
my text files with filtering?

Right now I have them declared in my profiles.xml and my filter.properties
but that is 1 too many places. I want to just have 1 place.

---
Thank You
Mick Knutson

BASE logic, inc.