Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/02 21:08:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.2 rc1

This is a vote to release Log4j 2.8.2. Please download, test, and cast your
votes on this mailing list.

[] +1, release the artifacts

[] -1, don't release because...

The vote will remain open for 72 hours at least. All votes are welcome, and
we encourage everyone to test the release, but only Logging PMC votes are
counted towards the "official" vote count. As always, at least 3 +1s and
more +1s than -1s are required.

Changes in this version include:
<https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES.md#new-features>New
Features

   - LOG4J2-1863 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1863>: Add
   support for filtering input in TcpSocketServer and UdpSocketServer.
   - LOG4J2-1848 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1848>: Add
   JSON encoding support to EncodingPatternConverter %encode{}.
   - LOG4J2-1843 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1843>: Add
   support for appending common suffix to each line of throwable stack trace.
   Thanks to Zilong Song.
   - LOG4J2-1838 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1838>: Add
   support for appending common suffix to each line of extended and root
   throwable stack trace. Thanks to Zilong Song.

<https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES.md#fixed-bugs>Fixed
Bugs

   - LOG4J2-1861 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1861>: Fix
   JavaDoc on org.apache.logging.log4j.ThreadContext about inheritance.
   - LOG4J2-1862 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1862>: Fix
   JavaDoc about @Order and OrderComparator ordering. Thanks to wangyuntao.
   - LOG4J2-1849 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1849>: Fixed
   daylight savings time issue with FixedDateFormat.
   - LOG4J2-1850 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1850>: Fix
   CassandraRule and unit tests on Windows. Thanks to Ludovic Hochet.
   - LOG4J2-1840 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1840>: Fix
   typo in %replace converter documentation. Thanks to Pradeep Balasundaram.
   - LOG4J2-1846 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1846>:
   Handle when LogEvent.getLoggerName() returns null in
   LoggerNameLevelRewritePolicy.
   - LOG4J2-1845 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1845>:
   Handle when LogEvent.getLoggerName() returns null in KafkaAppender.
   - LOG4J2-1853 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1853>: The
   default value of RandomAccessFileAppender.Builder append field is wrong.
   Thanks to wangyuntao.
   - LOG4J2-1835 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1835>: Fix
   documentation about the licensing for JeroMQ.
   - LOG4J2-1836 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1836>:
   Update the API version to 2.6.0.
   - LOG4J2-1831 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1831>:
   NullPointerException in HtmlLayout. Thanks to Edward Serebrinskiy.
   - LOG4J2-1820 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1820>: Log4j
   2.8 can lose exceptions when a security manager is present. Thanks to Jason
   Tedor.

<https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES.md#changes>
Changes

   - LOG4J2-1827 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1827>: Move
   integration tests to their own module to speed up build.
   - LOG4J2-1856 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1856>:
   Update Jackson from 2.8.6 to 2.8.7.

Tag: log4j-2.8.2-rc1

Web site: https://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/

Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1026/

You can download all the artifacts via the command line:

wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=7 -nH -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachelogging-1026/

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.2 rc1

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.
+1

Works for me.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer

*Magine TV*
mikael.staldal@magine.com

email.

Re: [VOTE] Release Log4j 2.8.2 rc1

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Retagged on reporter as I missed the fact that I needed LOG4J- as a prefix.

Also marked the release in JIRA. I already removed fix version 2.8.2 from
everything that wasn't resolved/closed in 2.8.2.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
And my +1

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

MD5, SHA1, ASC OK.

Following BUILDING.md:

RAT check OK
CLIRR check on API OK
mvn clean install OK
CLIRR check on 1.2 API OK

mvn site OK but with some Javadoc warnings:

[WARNING] C:\temp\rc\apache-log4j-2.8.2-src\log4j-api\src\main\java\
org\apache\logging\log4j\ThreadContext.java:49: warning -
DefaultThreadContextMap#INHERITABLE_MAP (referenced by @value tag) is an
unknown reference.
[WARNING] C:\temp\rc\apache-log4j-2.8.2-src\log4j-api\src\main\java\
org\apache\logging\log4j\status\StatusLogger.java:52: warning -

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
... and thank you Matt for picking up RM duty this time around.

I look forward to getting 2.8.2 out the door and seeing what we have in
store for 2.9!