Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 22:50:54 UTC

About to make a 1.2.4 release

Hey, I'm planning on making 1.2.4 release to make the bug fix for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHIRO-498 available (frankly, I find
it perplexing that more people haven't complained about it). The dryRun
succeeds, so this mostly serves as a heads up for the upcoming vote.

Kalle

Re: About to make a 1.2.4 release

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Bryan Turner <in...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 17:08:18 -0700
> > Subject: Re: About to make a 1.2.4 release
> > From: kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com
> > To: dev@shiro.apache.org
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Bryan Turner <in...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> Given Shiro is targeting Java 5 and you were previously building it with
> Java 6 you're already violating that "simplest, safest way". Since that's
> the case, I was just pointing out that moving to compiling using Java 7
> targeting Java 5 is just more of the same...

Not really the same but yes true, the pom is still specifying jdk 1.5 even
though 1.2.x was already built with jdk 1.6 (as noted at
https://shiro.apache.org/download.html). Anyway, over at infra@, Martijn
hinted at using toolchains plugin, which I had completely forgotten about.
I'll straighten it out. Already dropped the staging and will redeploy.

Kalle

Posted by Bryan Turner <in...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Turner <in...@hotmail.com>.