Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2000/11/18 17:37:36 UTC

exports.c (yet again)

I've just been bitten by this again, as I had about 20 undefined references
on BeOS.

Can we do something about this file?  Please?

david

Re: exports.c (yet again)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> httpd.exp needs to be generated from the table (which would live in
> another file).  AIX uses httpd.exp as-is (i.e., without the column for
> optional feature test macro).  Also, we may eventually have functions
> which aren't provided on AIX, so httpd.exp would need to have fewer
> functions than the table.

Yeah.  That's what I meant, but obviously not what I said.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: exports.c (yet again)

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> > > apr_sendfile APR_HAS_SENDFILE
> > > apr_open
> > > apr_os_set_thread   APR_HAS_THREADS
> > >

> > I don't see anything wrong with this in theory...  Once we have the
> > mechanism in place it shouldn't take too long to do should it?  Of course
> > maintaining it could be another story...
>
> We don't maintain the httpd.def files now  :-)  We would actually be more
> likely to keep this up to date, because ALL platforms would require
> it.  The mechanism is pretty much there.  We need to add the dependancies
> to httpd.exp and then mofidy the script to deal with those.

httpd.exp needs to be generated from the table (which would live in
another file).  AIX uses httpd.exp as-is (i.e., without the column for
optional feature test macro).  Also, we may eventually have functions
which aren't provided on AIX, so httpd.exp would need to have fewer
functions than the table.

          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: exports.c (yet again)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.

Re: exports.c (yet again)

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
Well we need to do something :)

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, David Reid wrote:

> I've just been bitten by this again, as I had about 20 undefined references
> on BeOS.
>
> Can we do something about this file?  Please?

I think we'd all love to, but none of us know how.  Do you have any
thoughts?  The best thing I think we have seen so far is a small language
like

apr_sendfile	APR_HAS_SENDFILE
apr_open
apr_os_set_thread   APR_HAS_THREADS

This file could then be used to create a usable exports.c, as well as a
useful httpd.exp and httpd.def file.

Now we just need to do the work.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.