Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/06 14:40:02 UTC

Re: Joins in Parallel SQL?

Joins and OFFSET are not currently supported with Parallel SQL.

The docs for parallel SQL cover all the supported features. Any syntax not
covered in the docs is likely not supported.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM, <im...@elogic.pk> wrote:

> Is it possible to join documents from different collections through
> Parallel SQL?
>
> In addition to the LIMIT feature on Parallel SQL, can we do use OFFSET to
> implement paging?
>
> Thanks,
> Imran
>

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

RE: Joins in Parallel SQL?

Posted by im...@elogic.pk.
Is it possible to contribute towards building this capability? What part of developer documentation would be suitable for this?

Regards,

Re: Joins in Parallel SQL?

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: "Is it possible to contribute towards..."

Of course. "Developer documentation" is in short supply, mostly you
have to dive into the code and figure it out. See:
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute for getting the code,
setting up an IDE etc.

I often find the most useful approach is to look at the junit tests
and step through one that looks relevant in an IDE to start getting my
head around unfamiliar code.

Welcome to the world of open source ;)
Erick