Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by je...@nordija.com on 2004/08/30 15:19:50 UTC

Re: Question on database mapper

> What is the best database object mapper to use with tapestry?
>
> Currently we use torque but it seems like most people are using or
> switching
> to hibernate.
>
> Which is the best or pros and cons?
>
> Torque is very easy to use is hibernate?
I don´t know anything about Torgue but, Hibernate together with xdoclet is
very easy to use.
You referer you xdoclet generated xml files in a common xml file (suprise).

Hibernate supports a good query language and have support for lazyload of
one-to-many, many-to-many relations.

MySql is supported but I don´t know about mssql, but I don´t think its a
problem.

> What about problems, which is more supported, etc?

I guess that Hibernate has the biggest community hence you are able to get
good support on the mailing list etc.

/Jacob