Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/12 00:08:26 UTC

release date expectations

Is there any expectation about release time frame?

I am working (and i am hoping to reasonable resolution) to push a new
installment of small optimizer enhancements for distributed algebra.

it would help me to know if there's a sense of release time frame, it'd
give me an idea what to shoot for.

I want to offer few small things that we mostly already discussed.

(1) optimizer techniques to detect unary elementwise operations such as

drmX * drmX
dexp(drmX), mexp(mxX), vexp(vec)  (in R simply exp(x))
mxX ::= abs _ ( i.e sparse/dense elementwise evals)

(2) better binds like 1 cbind drmX, drmX cbind 1 (enhancement relevant for
"playing with shell" things)

(3) smaller things like non-int keyed matrices to int-keyed matrix
converstion with old 2 new key extraction

(4) various bug fixes

(5) whatever i forgot

Nothing earth shuttering but even small things are difficult (but not
unprecedented) to contribute here.

-d

Re: release date expectations

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
I agree it's high time; I can't commit to TDA for a bit though so don't let me hold it up.

Plenty of cleanup to do before we cut a release but I'll be able to pitch in.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.