Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/09 19:15:50 UTC

[T5] Tapestry on GORM. It works!

Hi all!

With Grails 1.1 (RC2) The use of Gorm outside of Grails got greatly
simplified. I managed to get it working with T5 and Maven at least in a
simple test-app but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work for bigger
applications, too.

To use all of the nifty GORM features like dynamic finders etc. the using
classes (normally the page classes) need to be written in Groovy but thanks
to the excellent groundwork in Tapestry that is no problem at all.

My writeup of the steps necessary is here:
http://programmieren-in-java.de/en/content/tapestry-5-top-gorm-maven

Hope it helps someone.

Otho

Re: [T5] Tapestry on GORM. It works!

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry, the direct link missed out the references on which I built, since
they were only in the the teaser on the mainpage. I added them now to the
top of the main article, too. Without this blogentry:

http://www.rimple.com/tech/2009/02/25/building-standalone-gorm-applications-in-maven/

it would have been a real PITA. My main contributions are only the pointing
out that you need to use tapestry-spring and the integration of the tapestry
source package into the plugin config.

Just setting the credits straight.

Otho

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.