Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com> on 2015/09/09 15:22:35 UTC

Re: [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions

That's correct.
See #1 in Troubleshooting section of the readme.txt
Errors will go away with the next EAP (probably later today or tomorrow)

For now: right click the problematic file | Git | Show History, select
revision from history older than the 2nd of September (142.4465.2
release date), right click it and select Get. Keep these local changes
in a separate Change List (Version Control tool window) for convenience.
You'll also have to comment out one line in FlexTestSuite when you'll be
running tests.

Re: AW: AW: [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
On 13.10.2015 23:50, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Ok ... well I investigated the code in
> intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/generator-server
> com.intellij.flex.maven.GeneratorServer
>
> This code was indeed adjusted to work with the new Maven 3.2 libs.
I'm not sure it is true. It works with bundled Maven 3.0.5, but users
who tried to use more fresh Maven versions said it doesn't work.
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-122648
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-126918

> When running IntelliJ using the "Flex-Plugin" Run configuration the generation of the flexmojos config files actually does work. If running normal IntelliJ it however doesn't.
Maven is configured in Settings (Preferences) | ... | Maven | Maven home
directory. You might have different settings in your work IDE and in IDE
started from sources.
> When configuring the build, I had to manually add a library "maven3.2" containing all the libs in "intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/lib/maven3.2" to the flexmojos-flex-configs-generator in order to make it build. Eventually in the normal build these libs aren't packaged. Could this be the reason for FM 7.1.0 not working in IntelliJ if installed from the website installer?
maven-...-3.2.3.jar files in
intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/lib/maven3.2 are
most likely some unfinished work.
I do not think they should be included in IDE installer. IDE already has
3.0.5 bundled (that doesn't work fo Flexmojos 7, I know) and setting
where Maven used for importing is set.
Flexmojos 7 importer could show a balloon asking to change Maven version
in Preferences.

AW: AW: [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... well I investigated the code in
intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/generator-server
com.intellij.flex.maven.GeneratorServer

This code was indeed adjusted to work with the new Maven 3.2 libs.

When running IntelliJ using the "Flex-Plugin" Run configuration the generation of the flexmojos config files actually does work. If running normal IntelliJ it however doesn't. When configuring the build, I had to manually add a library "maven3.2" containing all the libs in "intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/lib/maven3.2" to the flexmojos-flex-configs-generator in order to make it build. Eventually in the normal build these libs aren't packaged. Could this be the reason for FM 7.1.0 not working in IntelliJ if installed from the website installer?

Chris

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Oh crap ... forget it ;)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
No problem, will skim the code a bit more in between, I've got so many things in mind that I guess could be done :-)

Btw, for other people who want to set it up and have the same problem with LiveEdit, I actually had to download it manually, install, uninstall and reinstall it with restarts in between, now, IJ is not complaining any more during the tests, still, I don't why it happened but just wanted to share in case it happens to someone else.

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> Hm, none of those are required to run tests. Make sure you didn't add
> extra jars (not listed in readme) to the Plugin SDK classpath. Please
> paste java command line from test console.

Well, I dowloaded it manually, installed it, uninstalled it and the problem seems to be solved.

Now, I have only 20 failed tests, relative to:

ERROR: File accessed outside allowed roots:
file://C:/Program Files (x86)/JetBrains/IntelliJ IDEA
142.4465.2/plugins/maven/lib/maven.jar;
Allowed roots:
[C:/Users/AsusFred/AppData/Local/Temp/unitTest_completeTypeInAs_355,
C:/Users/AsusFred/.IntelliJIdea15/system/plugins-sandbox/test,
C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.8.0_45/jre,
C:/Users/AsusFred/AppData/Local/Temp,
D:/vsubst/data/sources/jetBrains/idea/plugins/flex/flex-tests/testData,
C:/Users/AsusFred,
D:/vsubst/data/sources/jetBrains/idea/plugins/flex/out,
C:/Users/AsusFred/AppData/Local/Temp/]
java.lang.AssertionError: File accessed outside allowed

Here the complete log: http://pastebin.com/0fPgY7pi

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
I think problems like this shouldn't happen regularly.
Add [IDE installation]/lib/netty-all-4.1.0.Beta6.jar to the Plugin SDK
Classpath.
I won't add it to readme because those who configure from scratch with
the new EAP do not have this problem.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
On 10.09.2015 2:16, Frédéric THOMAS wrote:
> 1- I had to comment ActionScriptRearrangerTest

That's correct. You'll uncomment it with the next EAP.

RE: [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Alexander,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> Remote run configuration has an option Attach or Listen. Attach is
> default and more convenient imho. Change suspend=n to suspend=y when
> copying suggested VM options and compiler process won't start until you
> start your Remote debug configuration.

Well, I know that and it is what I say it didn't work, maybe something interfere because instead of having a separate project for the builtInFlexCompiler I imported its modules into a module group of the FlexPlugin.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
> > Now, what is the best setup to be able to debug the
> > BuiltInFlexCompiler or any other tool?
>
> I added instructions to readme about compiler process debugging.

Your instructions are clear but I probably missed something else because I can't break into the built-in compiler, neither in implementation of FlexCompilationTasks->doStart() or FlexCompilationUtils->buildCommand(), can you help ?

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.