Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/17 23:19:52 UTC

Re: [External] Re: Accumulo setup on Ubuntu VirtualBox

My github project at https://github.com/medined/accumulo_stackscript
is designed to install and configure Accumulo on Ubuntu. The project
contains everything except for accumulo itself which is downloaded via
subversion. Looking at the bash script
(https://github.com/medined/accumulo_stackscript/blob/master/linode_build_v00/stackscript)
that drives the whole process might show that you overlooked some
step.

Re: [External] Re: Accumulo setup on Ubuntu VirtualBox

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
No trick. Do you have a firewall running? Check the log files. Delete
the VM and start over is my favorite move. FYI, I have tweaked the
stackscript a bit more to use the hostname instead of localhost in
hadoop and accumulo config files. And added a port or two to the
firewall rules.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.