Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by neal <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/05 00:15:29 UTC

SSL

I am 99% sure that SSL can be setup directly with Tomcat, is this correct?

I mean I've even looked at the connector node in the server.xml file and so
it seems pretty obvious to me but the tech at my ISP is insisting he
believes it is necessary to use Apache as the http server and apply the SSL
there.

Since I've never done this before I thought I'd double check with the
experts before escalating the argument.

That said, you can apply the SSL directly to Tomcat, right?

:)

Thanks.
Neal

Re: SSL

Posted by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no>.
That's right.
I use a stand-alone version and am using SSL to encrypt
requests and responses using a self-signed certificate created using the
keytool from Sun for development of my servlets. This should be fairly
well documented in the documentation.

Øyvind Vestavik
Norwegian University of Technology and Science.