Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by V Balaji2 <v....@tcs.com> on 2014/06/26 10:40:43 UTC

Installing Apache Oozie 3.3.2 with Apache Hadoop 1.2.1 - Atlassian & Codehaus - PluginVersionResolutionException

Dear Oozie Users,

I have been trying to install Oozie with Apache Hadoop version 1.2.1 on
Centos 6.4
Maven 3.2.1 has been installed. While trying to build a distribution with
the below command, I got the following error

    mkdistro.sh -e -DskipTests

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
model for org.apache.oozie:oozie-main:pom:3.3.2
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
com.atlassian.maven.plugins:maven-clover2-plugin is missing. @ line 742,
column 21
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.codehaus.mojo:findbugs-maven-plugin is missing. @ line 751, column 21

In {oozie_base_dir}/pom.xml, the above plugin versions were not explicitly
declared but mentioned with GroupID & ArtifactID. Also, the specified
repository "https://repository.cloudera.com/cloudera/ext-release-local/"
did not contain the above two plugins.

I also referred the below link for further knowledge.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginVersionResolutionException

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15213801/pluginversionresolutionexception-in-maven

Explicitly telling versions of plugin in pom file also did not work in my
case, as the above mentioned repository no longer had the above two
plugins.

Then, I could find the above two plugins in search.maven.org as below,
Maven also refers to {home_dir}/.m2/ whenever it could not fetch files
from specified repositories.

        org.codehaus.mojo
http://search.maven.org/#browse|820238317
        com.atlassian.maven.plugins
http://search.maven.org/#browse|673055776

Request your kind help in guiding me further. Thanks in advance.

And I like to know, why this error has not been so prevalent when I was
looking for such kind and every installation method could easily complete
mkdistro.sh casually.

Thanks & Regards
Balaji V
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Installing Apache Oozie 3.3.2 with Apache Hadoop 1.2.1 - Atlassian & Codehaus - PluginVersionResolutionException

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

You can ignore those warnings, the build should still complete
successfully.