Posted to user@struts.apache.org by GUILLEMOT Simon <si...@capgemini.com> on 2007/02/20 17:16:09 UTC

[Struts 1.1] Tiles & JSF

Hi,

I'm using Tiles from Struts 1.1 and JSF and I have a problem handling
exceptions.
In my JSP pages, when an exception is thrown I saw it in the text of the
page instead of catching it with servlet filters.

>From what I saw in the source code, the method processException in
InsertTag.java trace the exception but don't forward it to its caller.
The exception is not thrown after the tag <tiles:insert>

I'm searching a way to catch it before this trace to make a redirect or
something like that.
For test purpose, I modified processException to throw a JSPException with
the orginal exception in it and I'm able to catch it with a servlet filter.
Is there another way to do this without modifying source code ?

Regards,

Simon GUILLEMOT