Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by John Langley <Jo...@mathworks.com> on 2008/06/17 16:33:49 UTC

mvn, perforce & continuum

Although I would expect this to be well trodden ground, I was unable to
find succinct answers in the mail archives or on the site.

I'm trying to get continuum to "play nice" with maven2 and perforce.
I've been through quite a bit of experimentation with p4 and mvn, and
everything works fine from the command line.
More specifically this works:

% mvn -Dmaven.scm.perforce.clientspec.name=user.host.mycontinuumprofile
scm:update

However, builds via continuum consistently fail with:
jvm 1    | 2008-06-17 10:06:34,705 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Provider message:
Unable to sync.  Are you logged in?
jvm 1    | 2008-06-17 10:06:34,730 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Merging SCM results
jvm 1    | 2008-06-17 10:06:34,766 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Error updating from SCM, not building
wrapper  | INT trapped.  Shutting down.

even though the Build definition includes an Arguments field that
has

-Dmaven.scm.perforce.clientspec.name=username.host.mycontinuumprofile
specified in it.

Note: if do
% mvn  scm:update
(notice the missing -D argument)
I get a failure very similar to the continuum failure mode, e.g.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Command failed.Unable to sync.  Are you logged in?

Also, the continuum server was run in "console" mode from the same
command line where I tried the two additional experiments above.

THANK YOU for any insights or suggestions you can offer! I've already
spent way too much time trying to debug this and I may have to find
another CI system if I can't get it to work! (ugh.)

-- Langley

Re: mvn, perforce & continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Can you file an issue? I'll look at it  to see how system property are used
for the Perforce provider, but I'll can't test it because I don't have
Perforce.

Emmanuel

Re: mvn, perforce & continuum

Posted by John Langley <Jo...@mathworks.com>.